A Strong Defense For Your Criminal Charges
Being arrested and charged with a crime can be an overwhelming situation. However, help is available. When you are facing charges and need an aggressive advocate on your side, turn to attorney David C. Serna at Serna Law Offices. From the firm’s office in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Mr. Serna handles criminal cases in courts throughout the state.
With over four decades of experience in the area of criminal law and a long history of favorable results, Mr. Serna works tirelessly to help clients get the best possible outcome regardless of the severity of the consequences they are facing. You never want to go into court alone. Have Mr. Serna on your side.
Handling All Cases, From Misdemeanors To Felonies
As a board-certified trial specialist in criminal law, as deemed by the New Mexico Board of Legal Specialization, Mr. Serna represents clients in nearly all types of felony and misdemeanor cases in state and federal court, including:
- White collar crimes: A wide range of charges are considered white collar crimes, including fraud, embezzlement, mail fraud, wire fraud, identity theft, computer crimes and more.
- DUI/DWI: Drunk driving is a crime viewed harshly by the courts. A conviction on a driving under the influence (DUI) or driving while intoxicated (DWI) charge can result in the loss of your driver’s license, jail time, the installation of an ignition interlock device, monetary fines and other consequences.
- Drug crimes: Drug possession, drug trafficking, sale or intent to sell, distribution and other drug crimes may carry serious punishments, depending on the type of crime and type and/or amount of drug in question.
- Sex crimes: Anyone who is convicted of a sex crime, such as rape, sexual assault, solicitation of a minor and other sexually-based offenses will face serious consequences, including mandatory registration as a sex offender.
- Violent crimes and weapons offenses: Homicide (murder), manslaughter, assault, battery, gun possession and other violent crimes or those involving a weapon are subject to mandatory jail time, large monetary fines and other punishments upon conviction.
- Other matters: From grand jury investigations and forfeitures, to conspiracy, theft and juvenile law, Mr. Serna can advise on and handle any criminal case you may be facing. His depth of experience can help him determine the best way in which to handle your situation.
In addition to handling the above cases for civilian citizens, Mr. Serna also handles military criminal defense cases for members of the armed forces, as even a minor criminal matter may affect their standing in the military.